Sunday, May 24, 2009

Real Estate HDR

This is my attempt to HDR. If you don't know what HDR or High Dynamic Range is, like I didn't, it's basically taking two or more pictures, of the same subject, with different exposure and merging them together. If you want to do it, you must have a tripod, and if you want to make the job easier, a remote shutter.
Here is my First attempt to HDR.



I'm a Real Estate Agent and needed nice pictures to post on line. As I enjoy photography, I wanted to do it myself. I'm strongly against 'editing' RE photos when it comes to deleting or adding things to make the house look better than it is. However, I'm very open to showing the house in it's best light.
For those that have done any indoor RE photography, on bright sunny day, know how hard this task is. You have bright light coming from the windows while other side of the room is all dark.
If you want to learn more about the process just search HDR photography.
Just a side note, the first picture, the outside of the house is not an HDR image.

Good luck.

3 comments:

Jim and Julie Reeves said...

Daniel, As a home stager I so appreciate a realtor that can't take great pictures. I am so impressed with your photos. Since the stats say 80% of buyers start their search online-these pics will definitely draw them in! Great job! Liz Carla, Elite Staging-also long time friend of Andria and the Ayers family

Jim and Julie Reeves said...

I didn't know that my comment would link to a blog I set up for my life team leaders. Sorry!

Daniel said...

Thank you for the comment. This house went under contract in 12 days.
Let me know if someone needs pictures taken for a new listing.